SMARTWASH SOLUTIONS COOKIE NOTICE
Effective Date: January 26, 2021
This Cookie Notice is part of and supplements the information in our Privacy Notice located at (“Privacy Notice”). Terms that are capitalized but not defined in this Cookie Notice will have the meanings given to them in our Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions regarding this Cookie Notice, please contact SWS by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What Are Cookies and Tracking Technologies?
- What Information Do Cookies Collect?
- Cookies SWS Uses and For What Purposes
- Your Choices
- Modifications to This Cookie Notice
- Contact Us
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or online service. The cookies SWS uses are set by SWS or by third parties and provide content or features on our Site and online Services. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
In addition to cookies, from time to time we may use other technologies that are similar in function to cookies, such as pixel tags, also called web beacons or single-pixel gifs, and local or web storage used in desktop software or mobile devices.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons, or “clear gifs,” single-pixel tags, or web tags are tiny graphics with a unique identifier placed on a website or in an email that gather information about your interaction with a website or email. Because of their small size, web beacons are not visible.
- Local or Web Storage: Local or web storage refers to other places on a browser or device where information can be stored. It includes both your own device storage and browser cache.
- Flash Cookies: Flash cookies, also known as local shared objects, are commonly used for advertisements and videos and collect and store information about your use of a website and its video or advertising features.
We’ll use the term cookie throughout this Cookie Notice to cover all of these technologies.
Types of Cookies
Cookies are often described by who created and placed them and how long they last. Types of cookies generally include the following:
Persistent cookies and session cookies
- Session Cookies: A session cookie is temporary and is deleted when you close your browser or after a short period of time. This type of cookie enables you to move from page to page on our Site and online Services and allows information that you enter to be remembered during your visit.
- Persistent Cookies: A persistent cookie stays in your browser even after you navigate away from the Site or online Services or close your browser and remains until a specified expiration date or until you manually delete them. A persistent cookie helps us recognize you as an existing user, so it is easier for you to return and interact with our Site and online Services.
First party cookies and third-party cookies
- First-party cookies: These are cookies set by the website or online service you are visiting, either by us, or by a third party at our request.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies that are set by a party other than the party whose website or service you are visiting.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO COOKIES COLLECT?
Cookies collect different types of information depending on the type of cookie and its purpose. Some examples of information that may be collected by cookies when you use our Site or online Services include:
- the pages you visit;
- the buttons you click;
- the date and time you visit;
- the amount of time you spend visiting;
- the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and
- your device and connection information such as your browser type and version, device ID, operating system and platform.
3. COOKIES SWS USES AND FOR WHAT PURPOSES
We, or our service providers or agents acting on our behalf, use the following persistent and session cookies on our Site and online Services:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential because they enable our Site and online Services to work and cannot be disabled. Without these cookies, some features of the Site or online Services cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information for marketing purposes. For example, these cookies are used to:
- Remember information that you fill in when performing certain activities on the Site or online Services;
- Pass information from one page to the next, for example when filling out forms;
- Provide the Site or online Services according to your preferences;
- Read your browser and device settings to optimize the display of the Site or online Services;
- Locate and identify misuse of the Site or online Services;
- Load the Site or online Services uniformly to maintain accessibility; and
- Authenticate users and prevent fraud.
- Functional Cookies: We use functional cookies to remember your choices so we can tailor our Site and online Services to provide you with enhanced features and personalized content. We do not use functional cookies for marketing purposes. While these cookies can be disabled, this may result in less functionality during your use of our Site or online Services. For example, we use these cookies to:
- Remember information that you fill in when performing certain activities on the Site or online Services; and
- Store your preferences such as language or location.
- Performance or Analytics Cookies: These cookies help us understand how the Site and online Services are being accessed, used, or performing, such as the frequency and duration of use. These analytics cookies may collect information about the content you view, what websites you visit immediately prior to and after visiting our Site or online Services, and your system and geographic information. The information generated by these cookies will be transmitted to and stored by the applicable analytics services. This category of cookies does not include cookies used for behavioral/targeted advertising.
One type of analytics cookie we use is Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. Please see the “Your Choices” section below for a link to opt out of Google Analytics.
For example, we may use analytics cookies to:
- Maintain and continually improve the Site and online Services;
- Keep track of the number of visitors to the Site and online Services;
- Keep track of the length of time that each visitor spends on the pages or areas of the Site or online Services;
- Determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages or areas of the Site or online Services;
- Determine which website a visitor was at before navigating to our Site or online Services and the website a visitor is going to immediately after leaving our Site or online Services;
- Identify performance issues with the Site or online Services;
- Assess which parts of the Site or online Services need improvement;
- See how successful our marketing campaigns or other Service-related goals are; and
- To improve the video experience on our Site or online Services.
The table below lists some of the cookies we use. These cookies may change over time, so we recommend reviewing this Cookie Notice regularly for any updates.
|Host Name||Cookie Name||Purpose||Expiration|
4. YOUR CHOICES
You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served on our Site and online Services by taking the steps outlined below.
To learn more about how to manage cookies and opt-out of cookies being placed on your device, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
You may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of the Site or online Services will not work.
- First-Party Cookies: If you do not want cookies placed on your device, you can adjust the settings of your Internet browser to reject some or all cookies and to alert you when a cookie is placed on your device. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). While adjusting your browser settings can prevent the future placement of cookies, it does not remove existing persistent cookies.
- Third-Party Cookies: Modern browsers also allow you to block third-party cookies using the steps described above for first-party cookies.
There are several services available that can assist you with managing your cookie preferences, including industry groups, standards associations and tools provided by the cookie providers and social media platforms. Please note that SWS has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, the below third-party websites.
- Google Analytics: You may download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Consumer Choice Tools: You may choose not to receive interest-based advertising. You may use the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) consumer choice tools to apply opt-outs to interest-based advertising and other applicable uses of web-viewing data by DAA participating companies by visiting http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN#completed. You may also manage your settings through the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) opt-out tool at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
- Do Not Track: You may turn on the Do Not Track (“DNT”) setting in your browser, which will enable your browser to send a special signal to websites, analytics companies, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. To turn on your DNT signal, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/#adjust-settings. Not all companies will respond to or honor DNT signals. Note that the SWS Site and online Services do not respond to DNT signals.
- Web Beacons and Pixels: You may avoid web beacons and pixels by disabling the functionality that allows remote images to load in your email account and by refraining from clicking on links in email messages.
5. MODIFICATIONS TO THIS COOKIE NOTICE
SWS reserves the right to amend this Cookie Notice at any time. If we update the Cookie Notice, we will revise the “effective date” above and post a link to the new Cookie Notice on our Site, unless otherwise required by applicable law. You are advised to review this Cookie Notice periodically for any changes. Changes to this Cookie Notice are effective when they are posted on this page. Whenever we make any material changes to this Cookie Notice, we will provide you with notice to the extent required under applicable law, such as by posting a notice on our website or sending a message to the most recent email address that we have on file for you.
6. CONTACT US
If you have questions about this Cookie Notice, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at:
SmartWash Solutions, LLC
1129 Harkins Road
Salinas, CA, 93901